Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 2 post-op

Now we're up to the present. I've been taking it easy, dozing in between medication alarms. I haven't felt hungry yet, but I've drank two chocolate protein drinks. Yesterday early morning was my last dose of medication stronger than ibuprofen, so this morning I was able to nurse my son which felt like such a relief.

My eye is doing marginally better, and I expect tomorrow it shouldn't bother me hardly at all.

Here's a list of medications/remedies I'm currently taking:
--antibiotic eye drops
--general antibiotic
--liquid ibuprofen
--liquid tylenol
--petroleum for my lips
--nasal spray
--eye ointment

Later on I also plan to add in my fish oil and my liquid vitamins.

I have these available but have not used them:
--hydrocodone
--liquid sudafed
--liquid anti-constipation stuff

6 comments:

  1. Hi Misty. I know you are in the thick of it now. I hope you are feeling much better soon. I like your technical terms for your meds - anti-constipation stuff. lol Thanks for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misty! Sounds like you are a tough chic! Handling the recovery so well! Can't wait to hear more! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that the liquid meds were thick and yucky and burnt my throat- could just be me.... but I was so afraid of pills and jamming one between the splint, but once I did, OMGOSH... it went uphill..

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nowadays most people are engaging themselves in some surgery including rhinoplasty,its one of the common surgery of today's generation and I'm pretty sure that lots of people are still looking forward to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just started reading your journey. Thamks for sharing. I'm next week. Was the eye thing related to surgery??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling well! Thanks for sharing your journey. I am 18 days away from surgery, feel free to check out my blog.

    xoxo
    Elizabeth

    http://prettylittlejawlines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete